The Multicultural Affairs Center (MAC) at Truman State University provides a support system for underrepresented students by creating a campus environment that nurtures Latino, African American, Native American and Asian American students academically, socially, culturally, and personally.
The MAC provides comprehensive academic and cultural programming to help foster an inclusive environment committed to diversity, inclusion, equity, and social justice. Our goal is to empower global leaders through education, leadership, and service.
The Multicultural Affairs Center is one of the resources that paved the way to my success in college…The MAC offered me many resources that allowed me to network and positively impact my professional career! –Kylie Warner, Class of 2014
Our vision is to help students:
- Build upon their overall self-esteem and self-efficacy
- Foster an environment of inclusion and equity to bridge intercultural gaps and inequities
- Provide opportunities for academic and cultural enrichment
- Develop cultural competence for successful global leadership
- Enhance their self-awareness through strengths based activities and opportunities
Submit Your Story»
February 23, 2018
We celebrate this actor for his performances in the 1970’s and his ability to transform any role that he took on. He would have practiced his stage presence at the Severance Theatre.
February 22, 2018
February 21, 2018
She is known for being the first black woman director/producer of a major film. She was so passionate about creating an accurate portrayal on film that she traveled to Soweto undercover, posing as a recording artist, to research the riots. She would have needed some resources to direct something at Truman, which she could find […]