The Multicultural Affairs Center (MAC) at Truman State University provides a support system for underrepresented students by creating a campus environment that nurtures Latino, African American, Native American and Asian American students academically, socially, culturally, and personally.
The MAC provides comprehensive academic and cultural programming to help foster an inclusive environment committed to diversity, inclusion, equity, and social justice. Our goal is to empower global leaders through education, leadership, and service.
The Multicultural Affairs Center is one of the resources that paved the way to my success in college…The MAC offered me many resources that allowed me to network and positively impact my professional career! –Kylie Warner, Class of 2014
Our vision is to help students:
- Build upon their overall self-esteem and self-efficacy
- Foster an environment of inclusion and equity to bridge intercultural gaps and inequities
- Provide opportunities for academic and cultural enrichment
- Develop cultural competence for successful global leadership
- Enhance their self-awareness through strengths based activities and opportunities
Submit Your Story»
April 12, 2018
April 12, 2018
The post LGBTQ+ Graduating Seniors: RSVP for Lavender Graduation appeared first on Multicultural Affairs.
March 21, 2018
The post Truman Welcomes Rev. Dr. Jamie Washington for Diversity Week appeared first on Multicultural Affairs.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Our weekly email newsletter highlights multicultural events happening on campus along with other helpful opportunities that might be of interest to you!Subscribe now